BONDERITE M-CR ALOCROM 1200 AERO
Features & Benefits:
A rapid non-electrolytic dip process which forms a protective golden coloured chromate coating on aluminium and its alloys. Alocrom 1200 is ideal for coating all types of aluminium and aluminium alloys including high silicone pressure die-castings. It should be used on aluminium wherever maximum corrosion resistance is required, and is suitable for articles which are to be painted or left unpainted. Its uses include general industrial work, electrical components, domestic appliances, car body parts and aircraft components. Alocrom 1200 is unaffected by steel, brass or copper inserts in the articles being processed and can be used for treating zinc and aluminium in the same bath.
- Excellent Corrosion Resistance – Alocrom 1200 gives excellent protection against corrosion to both painted and unpainted aluminium surfaces
- Flexible Adherent Coatings – Alocrom 1200 coatings are integral with the metal and will withstand bending and denting of the surface
- Maximum Paint Adhesion – Alocrom 1200 provides an excellent foundation for paint and other organic finishes
- Short Immersion Time – Alocrom 1200 requires only a few minutes for coating formation
- Negligible Heating Costs – Alocrom 1200 operates at room temperature and the work can be air dried where convenient
- Low Coating Costs – For a medium weight coating only about 0.25 kg of Alocrom is used in processing 100 m² (1000 sq ft) of metal surfaces
- Low Electrical Resistance – Light to medium Alocrom coatings have minimum effect on surface electrical resistance. The contact electrical resistance is less than 5000 micro-ohms per square inch measured under an applied electrode pressure of 200 pounds per sq inch. (MIL-C-5541 method)
Alocrom 1200 is approved to DEF STAN 03-18 Certificate No. 031801 for use on aircraft, (including special approval for repairing damaged anodic coatings) and to MIL-C-5541. Outside the UK the process is known as Alodine 1200; Alocrom 1200 and Alodine 1200 are chemically identical.
Product code 149010
Please contact us if you require further information on this product.